DEC bits wanted

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:04:01 CST 2018

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 12:50 PM Dave Wade via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>

> I have a VAXStation 4000/VLC which I would like to try to use as a
> workstation. I have a keyboard and mouse, but can't find any connector for
> the video port in the UK, and the only thing I can find in the USA is this:-
>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/232664832774
>

> which comes in at around $100 by the time I and import charges, VAT etc and
> its rather more than I wanted to pay.

If you just need the connector, RS components sell it in bits (I think
these are the
right stock numbers, but check on the RS web site) :

484-903 or 220-0094 for the shell

311-5694 or 311-5701 for the contact depending on which gender it is.

But then you need a crimp tool for the outer screen on the contact. And
a contact extractor tool. Which will put the price up to several hundred
pounds (I am trying to find a way round this for a connector on a piece of
HP test gear).

-tony