IBM 3270 Emulation Adapter (ISA)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Nov 19 01:46:35 CST 2018

On 11/18/2018 11:00 PM, Patrick Finnegan via cctalk wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find a copy of some software to
> make an IBM 3270 Emulation Adapter (the short ISA one) useful. I hear
> that IBM's PCOMM/3270 2.0 - 4.0 or so will work (on DOS) with the
> card.
>
> Pat
I hope you see this auction in time, it shows only 5 hours left.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311574987362
Vintage-IBM-Personal-Communications-3270-4-0-Upgrade-New-NIB/

IIRC this would fill the bill with either the long or short variety of
3270 adapter.

You of course need a device for the other end of the hose, (coax), such
as a mainframe or 3174 controller, but this will make the PC into a 3270
terminal.  I used it on several systems back in the day.

There is also a program, ind$file which will let you upload and download
files to and from a mainframe included.

thanks
Jim