VAX 9440

Evan Koblentz cctalk at snarc.net
Wed Nov 7 20:55:07 CST 2018

The VCF museum took delivery of a VAX 9440 today.

It arrived in two 28-foot trailers. Here's our forklift driver beginning
to unload the first truck:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E-Q5xrsYXyjrZEZh92xIBhlStvvNUcRV/view?usp=sharing

Here's a teaser picture of the main cabinet:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bEpSMzBEeOvuDnzPQ9Npc7iYmDhjZq8c/view?usp=sharing

The full system is 30-40 feet long when it's all set up! It is in
pristine condition and was in service at a defense contractor until a
couple of months ago.

Rumor has it that we arranged for another one to land in Dave McGuire's
Large Scale Systems Museum collection, and a third to be with Bob
Roswell's System Source collection. :)  Perhaps they'll post updates too!