PDP8/a Initial Power Up (Columbia Valley Maker Space)

Anders Sandahl anders at abc80.net
Fri Nov 2 13:22:08 CDT 2018

Hi,

Most of the documentation is found here:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp8/pdp8a/

For some basic testing look here:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp8/pdp8a/EK-8A001-OP-002_PDP-8A_Operators_Handbook_Sep76.pdf
in chapter 5.1 (pdf page number 48).

To do basic memory read and write:
Press MD and DISP (memory data register will be displayed on the four digits)
Then press 0200 and LA (load address)
Press 5050 and D-THIS (deposit to memory on this adress, no increment).
Press E-THIS (examine on this memory address, no increment) and you should
get the same result back.

Another good place to be is to post in the DEC category on the VCFED
forum: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-DEC

Good luck!

/Anders