i860: Re: modern stuff

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:19:35 CDT 2018

The machine type was 6611 and there where three model, the smallest was
based on a 7011 the mid size one was based on a 7012 and the largest was
based on a 7013.

The base card is an Artic 960 card which is just a processor card with
some memory that gets an application loaded on the fly.  The top
interface card has a lot to do with determining what the function of the
card sandwich is, there should be a X-Y type code on the back of the
card that would define the interface.  They where used for all kinds of
things like Synchronous communications, X25 and network accelerators.
Some of the interfaces cards used in the 6611 where unique to it and
never made it to the "standard" RS/6000 line.  There was also a PCI
version of the Artic 960 but by the time it came along the 6611 was long
gone.

Paul.