BBS card, ISA8bit multi serial, 4 channels

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Thu Nov 1 13:51:09 CDT 2018

On 11/01/2018 12:38 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> Generally, the software that dealt with that used its own configuration
> mechanism, as there's only room for 4 COM ports in the BIOS RAM area.

That's what I suspected.

I'm referring to the client applications (not) knowing how to access COM5.

I assume that they access a device managed by DOS / driver.  Maybe I'm
wrong.

I'm also assuming that some software is written with a UI for choosing
the COM port and only giving four options.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die