Eudora email client source code released

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Fri May 25 16:29:04 CDT 2018

> On May 22, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

>> On May 22, 2018, at 12:55 PM, Len Shustek via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> For the last five years I've been working with Qualcomm and others to allow the Computer History Museum to release the source code of what was, in my opinion, the finest email client ever written: Eudora. It's finally done!
>> http://www.computerhistory.org/atchm/the-eudora-email-client-source-code/
>>

> Simply put, WOW!
>
> I dream of a new version of Eudora for the Mac, and I know that I’m not the only one.  Unfortunately I also realize that it would take significant effort to update it for current versions of MacOS.
>
> I’m using Mail.app now, and it’s largely worthless at finding things in my email archives.
>
> Zane

HOLY COW! I concur with Zane in every way. Len, thank you very much! What a labor of love!
Eudora was my favorite productivity application of all time. I spend most of my time in Mail just due to heartbroken nostalgia for it.
If a new version of that were to appear, capable of running on my Mac OS X.12 and talking to our Exchange server, I would be ecstatic.