micro pdp11/83 power supply

Waldemar Brodkorb mail at waldemar-brodkorb.de
Mon May 21 07:48:56 CDT 2018

Hi,
Waldemar Brodkorb via cctech wrote,

> Hi,
>
> I started to revive an old Micro PDP11/83 I have for over 12 years
> now. It is fully assembled and last time I tried to start the
> machine it some kind of started.
> My biggest issue at the moment is the power supply.
>
> After the machine is running for a while, let's say 10 minutes and
> then when I poweroff, the power supply starts producing a lot of
> dense smoke. The smell is very penetrant.
>
> What can I do with the power supply? Do I need to exchange it
> completely or just parts of it?
>
> At the moment I removed it from the case like described here:
> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/microPDP11/EK-MIC11-TM-002_MicroPDP11_Systems_Technical_Manual_Sep85.pdf
>
> Thanks in advance for any starting hints,

Thanks to anybody have given a response. (some personal mails).

I successfully reassembled the pdp11 after changing the two blown
filters. We have a small electronic shop in Bonn, which had the
stuff available:
http://www.pm-elektronik-bonn.de

So now I can successfully start and stop the machine.
I am planning the next steps, may be I will ask some more questions
the next days.

best regards
 Waldemar