how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Wed Jul 25 17:12:01 CDT 2018

> On Jul 25, 2018, at 4:56 PM, Alexander Schreiber via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Are there such things as "microSD" to "standard SD" adapters that allows
>> for insertion of standard SD into mcroSD slots?
>
> Of course there are. Since both SD cards and µSD cards have identical
> electrical and protocol interfaces, those adapters are just passive pieces
> of plastic and wires. In fact, a lot of µSD cards sold these days come
> packaged with a µSD to SD card adapter.

While it is true that the “SD” cards I’ve bought recently have actually been µSD cards with an adaptor so they can also fit into SD slots, it didn’t sound like that was what Chuck was asking.

I have not seen an adaptor which will plug into a µSD slot and then allow me to plug my (visible-size) SD card into the adaptor.  I do totally agree that both the adaptor and the medium would be big enough to see in that case and that would be a good thing! However I have seen applications for a µSD card that would not mechanically work with the adaptor in question, due to packaging constraints, so I would not expect that adaptor (if it exists) to be a common item.
						- Mark