how good is the data reliability with CD ROM and DVD RAM?

Alexander Schreiber als at thangorodrim.ch
Wed Jul 25 16:56:22 CDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 10:54:26AM -0700, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 07/22/2018 09:05 PM, Warner Losh via cctalk wrote:
> > Throughout this whole thread, I've been tempted to say that you get better
> > data fidelity if you take a green magic marker and mark the edges of the
> > disk...
>
> On the other hand, information on MicroSD cards is likely to end up in
> the sewer system, lost between floorboard cracks or vacuumed or swept
> into the rubbish bin accidentally.
>
> IMIHO, a grievous error by making things too physically small.  The
> standard SD card is easy enough to pick out in a deep-pile carpet.  Not
> so, the usual black-colored MicriSD.  The dog might well eat it without
> even being aware of having done it.
>
> Are there such things as "microSD" to "standard SD" adapters that allows
> for insertion of standard SD into mcroSD slots?

Of course there are. Since both SD cards and µSD cards have identical
electrical and protocol interfaces, those adapters are just passive pieces
of plastic and wires. In fact, a lot of µSD cards sold these days come
packaged with a µSD to SD card adapter.

Kind regards,
           Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison