GoTEK SFR1M44-U100...

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:02:21 CDT 2018

On 18 Jul 2018, at 03:22, Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

Could the Gotek firmware, and some drivers on PC's with "HD" or "ED"
controllers, be kludged together to get faster data transfers?

Replying to myself here but these are the current config file parameters, I
think either setting ibmpc-hdout or one of the pin2 settings will enable
faster transfers.

Drive Emulation:

   -

   *interface* = shugart | ibmpc | ibmpc-hdout | akai-s950 | amiga | jc*
   - Pin assignments of the floppy-drive interface
      - *shugart*: Shugart interface (Amiga, Atari ST, many others)
      - *ibmpc*: IBM PC interface, no output on pin 2
      - *ibmpc-hdout*: IBM PC, high-density-select output on pin 2
      - *akai-s950*: Akai S950
      - *amiga*: Drive ID hack on pin 34. Use *shugart* instead when
      possible.
         - See Amiga-specific hints
         <https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Host-Platforms#commodore-amiga>
         for advice on this setting.
      - *jc*: Specified by jumper JC (closed = IBM PC, open = Shugart)
   -

   *host* = unspecified* | acorn | akai | ...
   - Host platform: Improves image-format detection for generic types such
      as IMG
      - *acorn*: Acorn ADFS
      - *akai*: Akai synths (S01, S20, S950)
      - *dec*: DEC (RX33, RX50)
      - *ensoniq*: Ensoniq synths (ASR/TS series, and others)
      - *gem*: General Music (S2, S3, S2R)
      - *memotech*: Memotech
      - *msx*: MSX
      - *pc98*: NEC PC-98
      - *pc-dos*: PC DOS Format (geometry determined from Bios Parameter
      Block)
      - *ti99*: TI-99/4A
      - *uknc*: UKNC, DVK (Soviet PDP-11)
      - *unspecified*: Detection based on image-name suffix only
   -

   *pin02* = auto* | nc | low | high | rdy | nrdy | dens | ndens | chg |
   nchg
   - Manually assign a signal to floppy interface pin 2
      - *auto*: Automatically determined from *interface =* setting
      - *nc*: Unused / No Connection
      - *low*, *high*: Constant low (0v) or high (5v) voltage
      - *rdy*, *nrdy*: Drive ready, or logical complement
      - *dens*, *ndens*: Density mode (HD = 0v), or logical complement
      - *chg*, *nchg*: Disk changed, or logical complement
   -

   *pin34* = auto* | nc | low | high | rdy | nrdy | dens | ndens | chg |
   nchg
   - Manually assign a signal to floppy interface pin 34
   -

   *write-protect* = yes | no*
   - Are images write protected when initially mounted?
         - Protection can be toggled by holding eject for 2 seconds
      - *yes*: Forcibly write-protect images
      - *no*: Respect the FAT read-only attribute
   -

   *side-select-glitch-filter* = 0-255 (0*)
   - Filter glitches in the SIDE-select signal shorter than N microseconds
      - Useful on some old hardware (eg. CP/M systems)
   -

   *track-change* = instant* | realtime
   - Rotational offset of data after a track change
      - *instant*: No rotation during track change
      - *realtime*: Emulate rotation of disk while track is changing
   -

   *index-suppression* = yes* | no
   - Are index pulses suppressed when RDATA and WDATA inactive?
      - Older systems may depend on constant index pulses (eg. BBC Micro)

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?