Kodak Diconix 150plus - looking for info

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Thu Nov 30 13:33:03 CST 2017

On 26/11/17 14:15, Tony Duell wrote:
>> I wonder if the 51604A cartridges still need them.
>
> I can't remember the number of the cartridge I used, but it came in
> a little foil tub (a bit like the ones you get jam in at hotel
> breakfasts.). In the tub was the cartridge and the absorbing strip.

Same with this cartridge.

I just found the blotter... stuck to one of the wheels on my chair.

It's now in the printer :)

> I don't remember any sealing tape on the cartridge either.

It's a little blue strip of tape which seems to be there just to stop
the cartridge from leaking in transit.

> But since the 'squirt to prime the cartridge' is a printer function, and
> since these cartrdges are totally dumb (just the heating elements, no
> other electronics at all, no form of cartridge ID read out electrically) I
> would assme all cartridges would need the absorbing strip.

I think I have the datasheet for the cartridge around here somewhere...
If not, I certainly have a copy of the "Inkjet Applications" book which
covered it.

One of these days I should pick up a cartridge carriage and have a play.
That said, I've got a Thinkjet cart with wires soldered on as a "who
knows if this'll work" experiment.

Thanks,
--
Phil.