Kodak Diconix 150plus - looking for info

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 08:15:32 CST 2017

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Philip Pemberton
<classiccmp at philpem.me.uk> wrote:
> On 26/11/17 06:17, Tony Duell wrote:
>>> Also - does anyone know what the material on the printhead capping
>>> station is, or if they're still available?
>>> It looks like a cardboard or blotting paper pad with a plastic backing
>>> card. This one is soaked in ink and looks like it could do with being
>>> replaced. I assume it's to stop the cartridge from drying out?
>>
>> In the Thinkjet (I have several and the service manual) it doesn't
>> cap the printhead. It's just something for the printhead to spray
>> onto when it is priming it.
>>
>> You got a new strip in the pack with the new print head cartridge.
>
> No I didn't - the print head package only contained the cartridge (in a
> foil bag).
>
> There was a little piece of card attached to the cartridge sealing tape,
> but that's it. Hence why I asked about the blotters :)
>
> I wonder if the 51604A cartridges still need them.

I can't remember the number of the cartridge I used, but it came in
a little foil tub (a bit like the ones you get jam in at hotel
breakfasts.). In the tub was the cartridge and the absorbing strip.

I don't remember any sealing tape on the cartridge either.

But since the 'squirt to prime the cartridge' is a printer function, and
since these cartrdges are totally dumb (just the heating elements, no
other electronics at all, no form of cartridge ID read out electrically) I
would assme all cartridges would need the absorbing strip.

-tony