Atari ST SCSI hard drive question

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu May 25 03:29:34 CDT 2017

The ST will boot from the SCSI bus so any driver normally lives on the Hard Drive and is loaded via the boot.

> The machine came with software, but I
> don't see anything that looks like an HD driver disk.  It has two slightly
> different language disks and will boot each of them successfully, but the HD
> does not show up.  Is anyone familiar with this particular drive and can
> possibly point me in the right direction?
>
> https://imgur.com/a/pxMxl
>
> The adapter on top is a male to female adapter.  Not sure what that was for.
> The SCSI terminator is plugged in the back below the DMA/SCSI adapter.

That is an ICD adaptor and so needs the special ICD software. As this was saleable I have three suggestions: -

1. It was just binned as someone didn't know it was valuable.
2. It was sold as it was valuable
3. He used a hooky copy.

The ICD web site is up but no products are available.

http://www.icd.com/atari/

I thought there was a copy on the Atari Archive at UMICH but it appears not.

http://umich.edu/~archive/atari/

but the standard Atari software is available there. I think it works with the ICD adaptors.

The only available driver is that from here:-

http://hddriver.seimet.de/en/

which is really good. The demo will at least see the SCSI IDs...

most Atari action now takes place on the Atari Forums, which I never look at these days. Google it...

> Thanks...Win
> wheagy at gmail.com

Dave
G4UGM