Microscope for Soldering and Inspection Work

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 13:12:32 CST 2017

OK!  here  goes...well  the B and L stereo zoom has a screw  in place  over
the optics underneath... it is  for attaching close up  lenses or
reduction in power lenses  etc.  you can also  screw in a  clear  cover.
the cover will also screw in our  the aux  lens if my brain  remembers
right.

Many other  stereo microscopes also have this provision  to add a  clear
filter or aux  booster or de-creaser in power lens.   always  best to keep
active optics  covered  with   some protection  to save  from solder splash,
sharp things  sticking up  from scratching  etc etc...

Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 1/14/2017 10:52:08 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cclist at sydex.com writes:

On  01/14/2017 09:36 AM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> Be  sure   your  stereo-zoom  has  a cover  thing  screwed into  the
> front of it. always  good to protect the  active  optics.
>
> We have a rework station  with a sliding X  Y  table on  it....  and a
> scope mounted on it...  but...  my hands are not steady  as  when
> young..( need  to find technology to assist  with that!)

Ditto on the second  paragraph.

But I'm not sure what you mean by a "cover thing".   Care to  elaborate?

Thanks,
Chuck