Changing wire-wrap configurations on DEC circuit boards

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 13 19:29:46 CST 2017

On 02/13/2017 06:45 PM, Earl Evans wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a couple of DEC QBUS boards (including a quad SLU) for which
> configuration is set by wire-wrap jumpers. I don't have a wire-wrap tool,
> and have found that trying this by hand without one is not workable.
>
> Has anyone come up with a clever way to permit reconfiguration of these
> boards without semi-permanent changes? Or, alternatively, what wire-wrap
> tool would you recommend?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Earl

I use wirewrap as the spacing and distance between boards does not
permit anything else.
OK too makes a good simple hand tool and more elaborate ones as needed.
Its worth the
tool even if you go with the simple hand tool that looks sorta like a
screwdriver.

Keep in mind with Qbus unless you insert grant cards you can't double
space boards.

I only have  8 Qbus systems from LSI-11 through MicroVAX.

Allison