Apple & SGI keyboards (Re: NEC ProSpeed 386)

Ben Sinclair ben at bensinclair.com
Tue May 31 17:34:53 CDT 2016

I believe the Apple Extended Keyboard II was the last Apple keyboard with
mechanical switches. I know that it's a desired keyboard even today!

Out of the all of the keyboards I use regularly, I think my granite SGI is
my favorite. On my main work Mac, I was using a Das Keyboard until a few
days ago. I just had trouble going from the Das Keyboard back to the
integrated Macbook Pro keyboard. I sometimes work from home with the
Macbook in clamshell mode, and sometimes at a co-working space with just
the Macbook. So, I switched back to their tiny wireless keyboard, though I
wish they had a full size wireless keyboard. I'm also in a constant battle
between a great keyboard and a clean desk with no wires.

A nice project might be building an internal, battery powered bluetooth
adapter into an Apple Extended II.

--
Ben Sinclair
ben at bensinclair.com