PDP-6s at MIT

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Dec 23 14:56:09 CST 2016

    > From: Lars Brinkhoff <l

    > (What is it with Swedes and ITS?!?)

They're definitely seriously crazy. I myself attribute it to the weather. :-)

You probably already know this, but I doubt everyone does, but shortly after
MIT-MC (the KL ITS) was shut down, a bunch of (crazy - redundant, I know :-)
Swedes showed up at MIT with a shipping container (perhaps under the mistaken
impression that Cambridge was Lindisfarne ;-), and loaded the KL into it,
along with, IIRC, one of the KA ITS machines - possibly AI? They then shipped
the whole thing back to Sweden.

ISTR that they actually got the KL to work, but I don't know what the current
status of the whole works is. (Me, if I'd taken a KA, I would have taken a
second one for spares! The parts in that thing are _seriously_ obscure. :-)

    Noel