Anyone want an RK11-C manual?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:53:56 CST 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Henk Gooijen <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

To comment on that, I have an RK11-C, but I am pretty sure I have the
manual. I certainly have an original of the printset.

> But I am not giving up hope … I recently acquired something I did not think
> to be possible to happen … I “picked up” an H960 rack with RP11 controller
> and *three* RP03 disk drives aand 6 packs.  The rack is already moved, the
> drives are a separate story. Each drive weighs 415 lbs. “So what” you might
> ask. Well, they are in a cellar and three flights of stairs (10 steps, 6 steps,
> and 4 steps) is too much for 3 strong guys to push one drive up the stairs.
> We are now looking into another option to get the drives (and a DEC
> _line_printer, also very very heavy!) up to the first floor …

Can these units be dismantled without totally losing alignment,etc. At least
remove PSUs, spindle motors, etc. I once moved an RA60 (much lighter,
but still too heavy for one person to carry easily) downstairs by taking it
almost completely apart. Incidentally, it is surprising how much the PCBs
in a full cardcage weight, it is often worth pulling them all out.

I suspect an RP03 dismantled like that would still be too heavy for one person
to move, but with 3 people it might be possible.

I hope your upstairs floor is strong enough for them... You do not want them
coming back downstairs at 9.81m/s^2

-tony