Midwest Scientific Instruments 6800

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:16:23 CDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Brad H <vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net>
wrote:

> I had thought of locating original MIKBUG roms but can't tell for sure if
> it would work.  The system has four EROM sockets and they are all
> occupied.. first two by this WEEBUG thing.
> Finding SWTPC ROMs would be difficult.  I am getting an original 6800
> machine next week but I'm loathe to mess with it too much.
> From what I've read MSI were one of the more popular ss50 systems.  But
> yeah.. next to nothing out there about them.

Two things - one is that I should have said the SWTPc 6809 not 6800.  2nd I
have had SWTPc machines with MSI cards in it, but I no longer have the
system.  I sold it because I just wanted the one 6800.  Space reasons.
There were ROM cards for this class of machines.  Companies like Micro
Works made them.  One way or the other I think you can find a ROM, if
you're FLEX-able.  get it?