One more try - Can you ID this S-100 Serial board?

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:27:29 CDT 2015

Now a question..

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how the CPU communicates with this
board? Does the board show up as a few bytes in the memory map, like on
page zero? Does it connect directly to some registers in the CPU? How does
data move from the CPU / buss into & out of the board?

In short, how does the computer know where to "find" the board - and how do
they converse? I'm only concerend with the serial portion, the rest is
still a mystery - the 50 pin headers might be anything from parallel ports
to (proprietary?) controller interfaces.