flash (or ide) storage for unibus 11?

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Mon Nov 23 05:31:30 CST 2015

On 2015-11-23 04:29, Jay West wrote:
> I'm looking for a modern storage (ie. anywhere from 100mb to "huge") device
> for an 11/44. I think I have seen a few hobbyist projects that were flash
> based, I thought I saw one that was an IDE interface....
>
> Long story short I've satisfied the purist in me by putting an RL02 on the
> machine, but that's just not enough storage for that particular system.
> Anyone know of a good project to add some modern storage to get me over the
> available storage on the RL02?

I know there been a few projects/attempts at some IDE thing, but I dont
think I've ssen any that's been completed.

The (other) obvious answer in a SCSI-controller, but SCSI controllers
for Unibus are less common, and usually expensive.

And to make things "worse", you really would want something that
implements MSCP, as otherwise you need to emulate a specific disk
geometry and size. About the only controller that have dynamic size of
the disk is MSCP.

	Johnny