Old HP test equipment power connectors...

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Wed May 27 00:39:11 CDT 2015

Once again, there's no legitimate explanation for this sort of nonsense,
outside of proprietary vendor lock-in. And IMO, what we all term the 'IEC'
connector (15A) isn't all that great either - the footprint is excessively
large for the limited voltage range (240VAC tops), but at least it's
properly keyed and widely adopted. We can live with it..

But there's just no excuse for the 'cloverleaf' crap, or any other
latter-day proprietary "standard". Ultimately, it only means that a
pissed-off user buys some knock-off Chinese crap that works, rather than
purchasing an OEM item.