9T TU80-family in Wichita, Ks

Shaun Halstead microfilm at microfilm.kscoxmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:15:14 CDT 2015

  I've done some more research on the LMSI tape drive I have here, and it appears to be a TU80
family drive.  It has touch pad controls, 2-digit LED display, vertical mount, pertec interface (I
don't know if it's buffered or not), runs well and passes diagnostics.  Layout and diagnostic
controls match up to information from the TU80 manual on bitsavers.  The drive has a dual-voltage
power supply, presently set up for 110V operation, and is mounted in a cage which could be easily
bolted to a pallet for shipping.  I can throw in an ISA interface card, though I don't know what
brand/models I have on hand, or whether I have software and drivers for them.

  If anyone is interested, photos are here: http://microfilmks.com/LMSI/   and I can get an
operational video if necessary.

  It's available now, in Wichita, Ks.  Asking $150, but I'm flexible. You pay freight.

--Shaun Halstead
   Microfilm Services, Inc.
   Wichita, Ks
   316.269.2203