80s magazines at Huntington Beach, CA estate sale

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Fri Jul 10 19:39:50 CDT 2015

On 7/10/2015 5:05 PM, Brendan Shanks wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Also there's a Toshiba T1000 and Apple II+ probably still there.
>
> http://www.estatesales.net/CA/Huntington-Beach/92646/931308
>

> Brendan
What did you make of the thing on the hand truck?

Gizmo
http://pictures.estatesales.net/931308/21760158/1.jpg

Apple 2
http://pictures.estatesales.net/931308/21760229/1.jpg

BTW, this looks like the same operation that had the lead that got Bob
Rosenbloom his IBM typewriter.  I know they bring in pickers and others
to cherry pick the good stuff ahead of these sales from the sale that
Bob's typewrite came from.

I picked up some books at the sale for my collection, and in researching
the person who originally owned the book turned up fresh meat on a book
scout's ABE books site.  However I got the good stuff, he got the crap.
I would have liked to have snagged the guy's PhD bound thesis, as it was
related to engineering mathematics, and is cited widely in other
literature.  However I got his copies from project Ranger, of which he
was a leading engineer.

BTW, Brendan, I'm in Orange if you are in the area.
thanks
Jim