TU-58

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 3 04:02:58 CST 2015

Rod,

I don't use the lathe but I use a small dc motor in my vice , most of the
time the motor from the drive.
I use a "Eze-Lap Fine Diamond Pocket Stone 1" x6" (600)" to make them to the
right size.
Some times when I have to remove more material I start with Scotch Wet and
Dry 150 sanding paper wrapped around the Eze-Lap.
It's all about craftsmanship and a steady hand if you keep the motor running
at a steady speed about 50% of its nominal voltage everybody should be able
to do this.
After gluing the rubber to the capstan it takes me about 20-40 minutes to
get the rubber to the right size.
So you lesser mortals should be able to do this too.
For the tubing use something with the right inner size (a little smaller
than the hub) the outer size should be a little larger.
And look for an industrial hose/rubber supplier both PU and Neoprene should
work.

-Rik