VAX4000/300 MNS7.3 isntallation from CDROM

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Sat Aug 8 04:46:07 CDT 2015

If the saveset restoration  and the complex bootstrap both fail, suggest you investigate the following.

1) Make sure the SCSI bus that is used by the CD-ROM has proper termination and termination power.

2) Create/obtain a new image CD.   Your image may be corruption or the CD-ROM may have trouble reading it.