Info sought about a pocket terminal

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 11:10:41 CDT 2015

Neat item! If you can't turn up any docs.. here's a thought.

Since you'd only need one switch to toggle 110 / 300, that potentially
leaves five for other uses. Not to say they only used one switch for that
setting, maybe their design required two.. but only one is +required+ at a
minimum.

Pretty safe to say that additional switches are used to manually assert /
de-assert various hardware flow control and device / ring detection lines
(CTS, DSR, DCD / RLSD) and/or enable / disable hardware flow control. You
should be able to test for the manual line settings by watching the
appropriate pins with a meter while trying different switches - see which
lines are being pulled high / low.

So how the heck do you operate a one-line terminal, anyway? Does it have a
scroll-back buffer of 5-10 lines? Do you just have to read way, way fast?
;-)