Info sought about a pocket terminal

E. Groenenberg quapla at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 26 09:06:53 CDT 2015

Sifting through a box of odds 'n ends I came acros a sort of pocket
terminal. It's casing is of the earlier models TI wedge calculators
and has an 8 digit display. Internally there is an inten 8048 processor
with some support ttl ic's.
A spiral cable with a Db25 connectors goes out from where normally the
charger port would have been for the calculators.
Behind the battery cover (no space for a battery tough) is a disp switch
block with 6 switches.

It's made by 'G.R. Electronics LTD' wich had 2 addresses,
one in the UK and one in the USA.

Google did came with an advert of this device ($395 in 1979) and mentiones
a slectable speed of 110 - 300 baud and requires a 5V at 450mA.

I was wondering if a list member could tell me what the switches are
supposed to do (besides setting  the speed)

Funny enough, a similar unit was sold recently (item no 220662386232) which
has a way higher serial (mine has 7786R)

--
Dit is een HTML vrije email / This is an HTML free email.
Zeg NEE tegen de 'slimme' meter.