Looking for: Corvus Concept parts

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:16:27 CST 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014, Sean Caron wrote:

> Man, I have been interested in the Corvus Concept for many years, ever
> since I read a Creative Computing article on it when I was a youngster (not
> sure it's in the ~30% of this magazine issue I still have, LOL). I don't
> think I've ever seen anyone exhibiting a complete unit... I'll be
> interested to see responses; this is definitely a machine that should have
> a little more historical presence on the Web! Neat little system.

I've been an avid collector of all things Corvus for over 20 years.  The
crown jewel of my collection is a complete and functional Concept with
display, keyboard and almost every peripheral board ever manufactured.
About 15 years back I ran into a guy at the MIT Flea Market who had a
basement full of Corvus equipment and picked up the entire lot for free.
For lack of storage space, I gave away a Concept, keyboard an monitor in
the early 2000s.  At this point, I have no extras of anything.

The monitor is an oddball unit made by Ball.  It uses non-standard sync
timing and I've never been able to find any technical information on it.
Mine can be a bit flakey at times and I'm not sure what to do as an
alternative.  I've fed the output to a few different converters and
multi-sync monitors, but no joy with anything.

Steve