DEC H7822 power supply

Toby Thain toby at
Thu May 12 10:14:57 CDT 2022

On 2022-05-12 4:40 a.m., Christian Corti via cctalk wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2022, Peter Coghlan wrote:
>> about it?  Maybe it would be more accurate to use terms like steady 
>> voltage
>> and alternating voltage? Alternating doesn't seem like that good a term
> In German it's exactly like you suggest it. We say "Gleichspannung" (= 
> constant/steady voltage) and "Wechselspannung" (=alternating voltage)
> I also hate the English/American expression "inverter" for voltage 
> converters, because really nothing is being inverted in any way.

Generating AC from DC _does_ always involve generation of "inverted" 
voltages relative to the input DC (AC has positive and negative cycles), 
so the term isn't really strange?

> But hey, they still have inches and feet and ounzes (be they fluid or 
> solid) and gallons, so what can I expect? ;-))))
> Christian

More information about the cctalk mailing list