The TRS-80 Journey Continues

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed May 11 20:05:56 CDT 2022

On Wed, 11 May 2022, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> Wow, SuperZAP.  Time do build a System with NEWDOS80.  :-)

Well, it's a good one to have.
There are lots of alternatives to SUPERZAP, including TRAKCESS, whose
source code will answer a few questions about TRS80 disk access.
Allen Gelder (Superstep) once told me that TRAKCESS had been Roixton
Baker's major assembly language learning project.
SuperUtility
and, TRSCROSS by Mike Gingel does some disk format conversion.

>> and create a program in PL/M that makes boot floppies.
> Well, at least to write the boot code to the disk.  Still have
> to figure out what files need to be there for each OS and come
> up with a way to copy them.  Hopefully as automated as possible.
>
> But not right now as tomorrow I leave for Walter Reed Hospital.

Yikes.
I hope that that's as a doctor/consultant/visitor, not for treatment.