Memory Card Explorer for the Elan P423

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 21:33:08 CDT 2022

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 5:48 PM D. Resor <organlists1 at sonic.net> wrote:

> Memory Card Explorer can Exclude/Include up to 1 through 8 PCI card slots.  This is to prevent the software from "killing" the operation of other plugged in cards such as modem, network card, etc.

That doesn't make much sense that it would care about PCI slot
numbers. I found a Memory Card Explorer for RICOH XP DEMO screenshot
online which shows a dialog box for including or excluding PC Card
Slot 1 through Slot 8. I assume that is referring to the physical PC
Card slots into which you insert PC Cards, which is a completely
separate numbering space than the PCI slot into which the adapter card
is installed. Most likely you would only ever have one or two PC Card
slots, controlled by a single adapter card. I suppose you could get as
many as 8 PC Card slots if you had multiple adapters installed.

> The mother board I tried it on and was able to actually get the program to start under Windows XP with no memory hurdles is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H.  Unfortunately for some reason the PCI slot closest to the CPU socket is marked PCI Slot #12.  There weren't no way I could configure MCE to find the Elan P423 Card Reader/Writer.

Again, that doesn't make much sense to me that the adapter driver or
the software would care about which PCI slot that the adapter is
installed in.

> I don't have to buy the Ricoh Memory Card Explorer software as there is a full working 30 day trial version (which I have).  Not a problem.

Is the Demo version of Ricoh Memory Card Explorer software available
to download somewhere on the net? I might be curious to try installing
it some time to take a look, instead of just making guesses about how
some of it works.