Plessy core memory

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sun Jan 9 19:17:56 CST 2022

Worst case I guess I could put a broken MS11-PL board in and set it for
16k start. It's got bad memory chips on it but I think the first 16k
were good. And as a bonus it can work in both a +15 *AND* a +12 volt
Unibus (yeah, the 11/24 used +12 on the +15 lines. No idea what was
wrong with DEC)

Oh yeah, the first 4 slots in an 11/24 had A/B as NOT MUD but were EUB
(extended Unibus with 22 bit addressing for the KT24 MMU). The CDEF
slots were SPC, so you had to have a 7273 in each of them or a special
memory card. Don't know what would happen if you plugged a RL11 or other
hex height card into one of those slots, probably blow everything up.

I think I prefer Q Bus. Although they managed to make that a mess with
the Q/CD slots as well....