Plessy core memory

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sun Jan 9 18:57:20 CST 2022

Probably. It's a 1973 version, the DD11-B is a MUD backplane, but it
seems to only have power plugs for +5,+15,-15. Looking at the MUD specs
I see there are backplane pins assigned for +20 and -5 so I might be
able to cobble something together.

That's one of the fun things about Unibus: There were so many different
types that there was no guarantee that anything would work in anything.
I know this one worked with an RX11 because that's what I used 30 years
ago. Would it work with an RX21? Maybe. Maybe not.

Note: I did check the DD11 and sure enough all of the DMA grant wires
are factory jumpered. I did remove the wire from one of them so I can
use either a RL11 or an RX21 but in the meantime I have a G7273 in there
along with the knucklebusters in the other slots)

Getting this MM11-DP to work might take a fair bit of thought. I'm
guessing that the DD11-F is significantly different from the DD11-B?

And the big question: What memories (if any) will work in a DD11-B
equipped pdp11/10?