11/83 operating system load update -2

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:35:39 CST 2022

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 at 15:50, Paul Koning via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I think you're unnecessarily limiting your options by refusing to use Linux, which as we've pointed out is something you can do on your existing PC without overwriting the OS that is on it now.

I agree. The same thought crossed my mind, in fact.

A small distro such as Slax – https://www.slax.org/ – would fit onto a
single CD-ROM, boot and run entirely from that disk and does not need
to touch the hard disk.

If the machine has a DVD-ROM, then a larger distro such as PC Linux OS
will do the job too. No installation needed.

https://www.pclinuxos.com/

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053