11/83 operating system load update -2

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:38:45 CST 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 9:29 PM Rod Smallwood via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> 2. The PC I want to use is a DEC Celeibris FX ie the PC and its W95
> software is as supplied by DEC.
.
.
.
> 5.  putR was supposed to be able to do this. It does not.

Rod,

My memory is that programs like putr need to run on "real" DOS, not a
DOS window. So if you are trying to run putr without booting to MS-DOS
6.2 or older, that could be the source of your problems with it.

> 6.  All that is lacking is the right utility.

I think other utilities (Teledisk, ImageDisk, etc) _also_ require
MS-DOS not a DOS window under Windows.

-ethan