cctalk Digest, Vol 89, Issue 21

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Feb 22 21:47:19 CST 2022

On 2/22/2022 6:29 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> You could boot a packaged Linux that doesn't need installation but runs directly from the boot device.  I haven't done this but I know they are out there and easy to use.

I use Clonezilla for standalone Linux stuff (including backups) - they
have ready to run UEFI USB images and CD images.  You can get to a
command prompt and enter "sudo bash" to get a root shell.  Useful for
all sorts of stuff.

There are also Ubuntu "live" CD images out there, or at least were, a
few years back.

JRJ