11/83 operating system load update -2

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 22 20:29:43 CST 2022

Hi

    Well I have had a huge response to my request.

I am unsure as to if I have defined the problem properly.

So a few bullet points.

1. The objective is to copy RX50 disk images (*.dsk format) to genuine
DEC RX50 disks.

2. The PC I want to use is a DEC Celeibris FX ie the PC and its W95
software is as supplied by DEC.

3. It has an RX33 5.25 inch floppy drive.

4. The RX33 _*is*_ capable of  reading and writing RX50 disks.

5.  putR was supposed to be able to do this. It does not.

6.  All that is lacking is the right utility.

7. Doing this does not need any disks other than RX50's.

8. Linux in any of its myriad of forms is not the answer.

9. simH is good at what it does but of no use here

10.  Its just a W95 utility program to copy an RX50 disk image to an
RX50 disk on an RX33 drive on a DEC PC.

11. So whats it called? Does it work  given the above situation?

Rod