Greasweasel was Re: Installing an operating system on the 11/83 - update.

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Feb 22 14:05:54 CST 2022

On 2/22/2022 12:29 PM, Ray Jewhurst via cctalk wrote:
> I was wondering how well a Greaseweasel would write floppies for my Rainbow. Also, I saw that someone had images for Venix-86 Rainbow and I was wondering if they would be interested in sharing them.
>
> Thanks
> Ray

> Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>

I was certainly able to *read* them on my Greaseweazle, using a real
RX50 drive, and compared them to images I had read earlier under MS-DOS
with a driver on a 360K drive.  I see no reason offhand why they could
not be written with a Greaseweazle as well, unless the actual sector
encoding (as opposed to sector size) is weird - and I don't recall that
it is.  BTW, I used a Greaseweazle to write some IBM DD floppies for
someone with a System/36 (IIRC) using a DSDD drive I borrowed from my DG
S/140, and they worked fine for him.

JRJ