DEC AXV11-C analog board

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 11:04:07 CST 2022

On 2/8/2022 7:36 PM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
> On 2/8/22 16:35, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, it will probably only hold the approximate voltage for a few
>>> seconds, but should be long enough to see on a voltmeter.
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>
>> I was only using a voltmeter to look at it.
>>
>> I'm going to try 2 different measurements; (1) use a scope to look at
>> the S&H signal on the AXV11 and see what it does over time, (2) look
>> at the same S&H signal on the Data Translation board which seems to
>> be working.
>>
> The S&H will likely have a FET as the switch element, and those might
> be fairly easily damaged by external pulses.  I opened up some
> comparable Xincom modules and made minor repairs.
>
> Jon

Stopped fooling with the AXV11 for now.  Applied various voltages to the
Data Translation input and recorded the A/D octal values to get an idea
of what the calibration of the board is.  It looks very linear, +/-10v
range.

Using a single battery and voltage divider I was able to generate
voltages on the input of the DT2762 board, however, I had to swap wires
to get negative voltages.  Is it possible to construct a battery driven
circuit that will present both positive and negative voltages at the
input?  A bridge of some sort?

Doug