phishing increase lately

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Apr 14 14:04:08 CDT 2022

The list doesn't send any of the emails, but I get forged emails that
were harvested from someone with a folder full of different emails.

They show up with all the addresses, a lot of them email addresses from
here, all in the From: or CC: field, which the list mail server never does.

I've not seen them, but you getting the spam is the luck of the draw
having a list posts of yours with the email address in someones folder
that was scanned.

Paul  said he'd not seen any, because by luck he didn't have an email in
the email client for whoever got scanned.

I get them from a couple of different email lists that pinched my
address, and is probably now sold bulk along with the harvested address.

Again the only relation to this list was that your email post address
was harvested from an email on someones email client.  The actual spams
don't get sent thru the list out to all of us.  I've seen very little of
that in a long time if any.

thanks
Jim