Fanuc PPR - Paper Tape Punch, Printer and Reader : Not quite working

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Apr 9 21:05:53 CDT 2022

> to front panel keys.  However, nothing is emitted onto 232.  The D25 - D-9
> transition has all the RTS/CTS and DSR/DTR/DCD lines knitted appropriately
> and indicating 'correctly' on blinkenlites.

I don't know anything about that specific setup, nor anaything aabout your
personal expertise.

When you say "nothing on 232", is thatr per looking at the wires of the
cable?  Or just not getting anything displayed by Putty?

When you say "knitted appropriately", since that is NOT referring to "as
per the manual" (or is it?), have you checked all inputs and outputs?
Sometimes devices, at either end of the cable, have unexpected
requirements,that are not usual parts of the RS232 "standard".

For example, I was once asked by the "Radio Shack Computer Center" to help
them connect a Votrax to a Model 2 (for a blind customer).  They had tried
all of the obvious commodity "null modems", etc.  I used a "matrix
switch", but also had to solder one additional jumper for a pin that is
not "normally" used for such things, and no obvious reason for being used.
I no longer remember which pin; it was possibly #10 or #12, but it might
just have been #22 ("ring indicator").  To avoid the bureaucratic
administrative nonsense needed for them to pay me, I accepted a gift of a
Model 2 Technical Reference manual as compensation.