Found my favorite DOS editor

John Herron barythrin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:37:39 CDT 2021

For those of you who wrote your own editors. How did you display special
ASCII characters? Years ago, In highschool I tried writing a hex editor (in
qbasic so this may have been the problem) but when display anything that
had a function like chr 07 it would activate instead of display. I gave up
since I couldn't figure it out other than writing directly to video memory.