Found my favorite DOS editor

Mike Katz bitwiz at 12bitsbest.com
Tue Sep 28 16:19:18 CDT 2021

Editors are like religion once you have a favorite you defend it like crazy.

I discovered the Basic Reconfigurable Interactive Editing Facility
(Brief), initially sold by Underware😁 and then Solution Systems, in the
late 80s.  It quickly became my favorite editor.  Eventually Borland
bought it and killed it.

Now I use SlickEdit in Brief emulation mode on Windows and several
versions of Linux.  Slickedit is a great multi emulation, powerful
editor.  I recommend you check it out.

Deep down inside I also have a soft spot for EMACS.

And, BTW, there is a native (not Teco macros) OS/8 version of an EMACS
like editor that can be found here:
https://tangentsoft.com/e8/wiki?name=Home
I have used it extensively on my PiDP-8/I under OS/8 and I intend to use
it on my real, newly acquired, PDP-8/E when I get some mass storage and
I can run OS/8.