More cleaning out the Bob basement

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Sat Sep 18 15:40:38 CDT 2021

> On Sep 18, 2021, at 1:01 PM, Chris Zach via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Went over to chip away at the Bob basement, and this time Alex came with me. This is not a bad idea as if one of the piles shift and I get stuck it would be nice to have someone there to call 911.

You might be joking, but this is no joke, it’s a *VERY* good idea.  Back when my collection was in storage units, I took a large vintage TV to the head.  Thankfully I was okay, but it could have been much worse.  After that I started being more cautious.

> Moral: Do not die with a lot of this stuff in your basement. We were far more able to move this stuff 30 years ago when we were young than today.

Good point.  I was reminded of this a few months ago, while I was working some of my old gear while on my Sabbatical.  The good news, I don’t have a basement. :-)

Zane