Looking for an IBM 3803

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 06:23:20 CDT 2021

I have seen issues with 3803s in an IBM datacentres with flashover on the PSU PCB I believe due to water absorption into the PCB material, which I believe are of the paper type.
The flames were impressive, as was the knowledge of curses from my manager. I don't know if this issue is common, but just thought I would mention it in case the devices in question had been stored in damp conditions.
I should also point out that at the time I was only a Systems Programmer borrowing the machine......

Dave Wade