VAX4000 VLC diagnostics/console

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sun Sep 5 09:59:46 CDT 2021

On 9/5/2021 8:12 AM, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 09:34:30AM -0400, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
>> On 2021-09-04 08:30, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:
>>> "Digital Diggings" couldn't get BlueSCSI to work on either VAX or Alpha:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEh7owqHxU&t=36s. That's a pity as it's
>>> much cheaper than SCSI2SD.
>
> Apparently not so much cheaper any more, since it's based on the dirt-cheap
> "Bluepill" SBC which has basically vanished off the market, at least on this
> side of the Pond. They seemed to be mainly distributed via AZ-Delivery in
> Germany, who are out of stock. I guess they're waiting for the same boat
> from China that everybody else is.

There is work going on BlueSCSI for the "Black Pill", using the F4
variant of the STM32, which hopefully will be more available once the
current semi crunch subsides (but that might take 6-12 months).

The current implementation for the "Black Pill" is, however NOT OPEN
SOURCE at this point in time, though I have heard that there will be an
F4 variant that will be open source in the future.

JRJ