Overclocked TI Silent 703 at 1200 bauds?

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sat Oct 30 10:42:31 CDT 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 23:36:27 -0700
"CuriousMarc" <curiousmarc3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may very well have the double head. It's not dropping any
> characters at 1200. I am surprised. That's 4x the expected speed!
> Here is another sighting of a Silent 703 working at 1200 bauds:
> https://ronsapartment.blogspot.com/2018/06/altair-duino-and-ti-silent-700.ht
> ml
> Says the author in the comments: "My Silent 700 came with a manual.
> So I went by that. I was pleasantly surprised that my Silent 700 had
> the "high speed
> option"."
> So there was a high-speed option for the Silent 703 apparently?

Looks like it. I haven't found anything yet on the 703 high-speed
version, but it's probably similar to the 707/1200 version. The one
shown here has a copyright date of 1986, so getting late in the game
there.  That is PN 2545996-0001 and also has an external serial port
not found on earlier 707s, I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/retrobattlestations/comments/p4atq2/ti_silent_7001200bps_gonna_clean_it_up/

I will try to ask somebody who worked at the Temple plant about it,
though.