IEEE-488 on the PDP-11

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Nov 19 04:58:40 CST 2021

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021, it was written
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 3:15 AM Christian Corti via cctalk
>> Our Tektronix 4051 can talk to and use Commodore IEEE floppy drives for
>> mass storage. It has a custom ROM extension for it.
>
> That's really cool.  There are a few non-Commodore systems that were
> able to talk to Commodore floppy drives.  I didn't know the Tektronix
> 4051 was one of them.
>
> Do you know if it works at the flie level or the block level?

As you wish, but normally at the file level. You can OPEN files, load
BASIC programs with OLD and so on.
The documentation is available here:
ftp://computermuseum.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/tektronix/tek4051/

It's only in German, though. The disk routines are part of loadable
extenstions that can be loaded into a RAM Backpack module.

Christian